Stay Away from Stains!
Keeping your teeth white is a struggle in today’s world. Your teeth are built like a sponge and certain things are proven to stain teeth. Here are some common culprits to avoid to keep your smile nice and bright:
- Coffee: One of the most common causes of stains, coffee can be hard to avoid. Just remember to keep it in moderation and visit your dentist regularly to keep your teeth looking good.
- Wine: Especially red wine. Anything that can stain your clothes can stain your teeth. Wine is acidic so even white wine can promote staining. Tannins are found in the skin of grapes and make it easier for stains to sneak in.
- Tea: Here are those tannins again. Tea is rich in tannins and promotes staining even more than coffee! If you enjoy tea after your meal, you should probably avoid wine and vice versa.
- Berries: Acidity and strong colors lead to stained teeth. We of course believe that eating plenty of fruits is important to staying healthy, but be mindful and clean your teeth as soon as possible to avoid stains.
- Sports Drinks: Commonly used by athletes, sports drinks have been found to soften tooth enamel. Enamel protects your teeth and by weakening it you are setting the stage for staining.
- Cigarettes: Not only are they bad for your health, but over time they will turn your teeth yellow and even black. There are a million reasons not to smoke, keeping your smile beautiful is just one of them.
These are just a few common sources of stains. It is impossible to avoid staining your teeth at all in today’s world, but with proper dental maintenance you can manage.
At Jester and Saldivar we have many methods to keep your smile looking great. Ask us at your next appointment how we can brighten your smile!
More News and Blogs
Daily brushing and flossing are more important than you think.
In recent years there has been an increased interested in possible…
It may sound silly “how to brush your teeth” but there is an effective technique for a bright clean smile. First thing’s first, make sure you are using the proper equipment. It doesn’t matter if you are using a manual or electronic brush, if your brush is not the...
We have taken another step into the digital age and technology. This new time saving and highly detailed 3D iCat Cone Beam X-Ray will change dentistry for the better. We are moving away from flat film. Everything is digital but this new scanner goes above and beyond...
Contact us Now
Schedule an appointment or answer any questions that you have as soon as possible.